The Concept (5)
No real time calendar scheduling connection yet (working on it, leaning towards android):
Call for service availability (we might just happen to be in your town)
Consider few alternate time slots prior to calling and making arrangement with your seller
Please be as specific as possible as to the job at hand
"We'll call you right back" could happen, if we're in the middle of a job.
Texting is also fine.
- It is absolutely possible to get an average job done in one hour (within the highlighted free Boston miles area).
- Slicing the day into time slots allows for an organized approach to the mess of requests: with a scheduled times in a day, all parties involved are on the same page.
- LTL saves money; larger jobs (caused by extras) will take more than one time slot.
- Both sides: Boston craigslist (CL) buyers & sellers benefit.
- Border edges of the time slots are shared between customers.
- One person's trash is another person's treasure ...
- Prepare to be amazed!
There are challenges with the concept: if each job is "hourly, or service based", then time slots become stretchable and overlapping will make those meaningless.
There are hundereds of companies in the business. We appreciate and we'll be very glad to win your business.
Over the years we've been on both the buyer's and the seller's side of the craigslist (CL).
There are few difficult deals/people on the list, but the overall benefits of the list are obvious.
To make a deal happen, the delivery service is often the deal maker and/or breaker. We work with reasonable numbers to make deals happen.
We are in the business of providing a cheap alternative. 70-80% of the items listed for sale are manageable with 2 good guys and a truck.
We do not deliver sophisticated solutions to your online needs. We do content right.
So what's the catch? Where's the small print? How much does it cost?
No catch. No small print. Just a service with honest upfront price available to the CL community.
CLDeliveryHelp.com Service Features:
- Varies from completely hands-off, to completely hands-on ($)
- For manageable items under 200 pounds (our target market), completed within your time slot
- Weather independent (plastics, closed box truck)
- Fully customisable, and right
- Anywhere in New England
- On-the-spot results
- Runs on short notice
- A no-nonsense approach to pricing / no sales agent(s)
- Extra stops required to pick up or deliver goods to a location other than the main pickup or delivery points
- Different pick-up and delivery times
- Anything truck related: diesel fuel, tolls, etc.
- Packing materials (tape, plastic bags, blankets, straps, etc)
- Basic assembly/dissassembly (5-10 minutes)
- Inside to inside pickup and delivery
- Change order to add a few small items.
Do's and Don'ts
...or what we've learned from experience...
- e-mail for an exact quote on a specific item at a specific location
- call during the day when you're expecting us.
- call to confirm same-day bookings
- make arrangements for service elevator/loading dock at downtown high-rise buildings
- do be there
- make sure that you have all the keys
- make sure that what you're getting fits through your doors
...and a few of the don'ts...
- call with uncertain plans for non-specific items and locations
- confuse the LTL with a full service move
- be realistic about our business model: no items over 200 pounds
- put us in a position to fail
We Do Not Ship the Following Items:
•Flammable Articles Any Aerosol Cans
•Paints (oil base) Hair Sprays
•Gasoline Shaving Creams
•Naphtha Household Cleaners
•Tar Remover Insecticides
•Paint Thinners Tarnish Removers
•Bleach Car Cleaners
•Oxygen/Propane Type Tanks or any Needed Prescriptions
•Matches or Perishable Foods
•Any other type of Combustible Canned Goods
•Corrosive or Poisonous Products & Liquids (during winter)
Shipping the above items is never worth the possible risk to all.